Various Applications of Bucket Elevators
Nearly every industry utilizes conveyors. Whether it's in the manufacture of pure pharmaceuticals or delicate candies, or more rugged industries such as mining or fertilizer, a bucket elevator conveyor is used from the first stages of production to the final packaging process.
Bucket conveyors are used to transport everything from dense materials such as coal to perishable items. Products are transported and discharged gently without damage or loss. Made of durable, sanitary stainless steel, these conveyors are designed for easy washdowns. Fully enclosed, equipped with tracking cams and safety devices, you can be assured both product and employees are safe during operation.
A bucket conveyor comes in a variety of configurations ranging from indexing units to single or multiple discharge units. Buckets are available in six standard sizes and may be composed of polycarbonate, polypropylene, metal impregnated polypropylene, and stainless steel.
Types and Their Applications
Bucket elevators are an energy- and space-efficient method to transport products in large and small quantities. Because of their varied uses, they come in a variety of types, designs, and styles. To determine which is right for your needs, take into consideration the product being transferred, its handling qualities, the maximum capacity per bucket, and the amount of lift required. The three main types of conveyor and bucket systems are:
Centrifugal Bucket Elevators
Centrifugal bucket elevators are the most common model used in many industries. They are primarily utilized to vertically convey powder bulk solids, such as grains, sugar, sand, minerals, etc. This version works by digging into materials at the boot section and employing high-speed centrifugal force to project materials into discharge throats. At slower speeds, this type of conveyor can adequately lift industrial materials that weigh up to 100 pounds per cubic foot.
Continuous Bucket Elevators
A continuous bucket elevator works at noticeably slower speeds than a centrifugal elevator. It is, however, designed in such a way to prevent damage and degradation of the product being handled and offers a smoother, softer, and more continuous discharge system. For this reason, this model is perfect for transporting lighter, or more fragile agglomerated material, such lime, cement, or dry chemicals.
Positive Discharge Elevators
Positive discharge elevators work similarly to centrifugal conveyors; however, they’re designed to allow their buckets to pivot. This design choice inverts each bucket and ensures complete discharge. These elevators are usually utilized to move products that may stick to other conveyor models—common materials include grains, nuts, dried fruits, etc.
- Frazier & Son Celebrates 90 year Anniversary in 2020!
- Bucket Elevator for Breadcrumbs, Cheese, and Spices to Volumetric Filler
- Frazier & Son Bucket Elevator Safety Package
- Frazier & Son Incline Conveyors
- Frazier & Son Remains Fully Operational During the COVID-19 Outbreak... read more
- Join Frazier & Son at the Contract Packaging Association's 2019 Annual Meeting!
- New Video Available - Are more gummies ending up on the floor instead of the bottle?
- New Incline Belt Conveyor for Food and Packaging Applications
- Bucket Elevator used for Conveying Chocolate Disks and Chunks
- PACK Expo 2018 - Chicago, IL October 14-17, 2018 - Booth N-5928
- INDEXING BUCKET CONVEYORS
- Need vertical conveying but limited in floor space?
- Make plans today to visit Frazier & Son Bucket Elevators at Pack Expo at Booth N-5928!
- Grand Opening Ceremony - Galdisa USA - Conroe, TX
- Transitioning Frazier Equipment with BFM Connectors
- Recent Shipments: Frazier & Son Bucket Conveyors destined for California Rice Milling Facility
- Making Customer's Wish Lists a Reality - Frazier & Son Bucket Elevators
- Various Applications of Bucket Elevators
- Out with the Old, In with the New! Is it time to Replace your Old Bucket Elevator?
- Alternative Bucket Materials - Metal Impregnated Polypropylene
- Bucket Elevators for the Food Industry - Frazier & Son has you Covered
- Installation of Frazier & Son Bucket Elevators at yet another contract packaging facility!
- Assembly Department hard at work - Prepping Bucket Elevator for Shipment
- Model CBT-U Bucket Elevator nearing completion on the assembly floor
- Speed up Your Work Process with a Bucket Elevator Conveyor!
- Building Bucket Elevators to Exceed Customer Expectations
- Bucket Elevator Installation Success!
- Groundbreaking Ceremony for Galdisa USA, Inc in Conroe Texas
- 6 Reasons to Choose a Frazier & Son Bucket Elevator
- Welcoming Back Greg Frazier, National Sales Manager, to Frazier & Son
- Annual Contract Packaging Association Meeting - San Antonio, TX Feb 22-25, 2017
- Frazier & Son Bucket Elevators - Celebrating 87 Years in Business!
- Safety First: Options for Safe, Fast, & Easy Bucket Conveyor Maintenance
- Snack Food Packaging System enables contract packager to Full Fill Orders Quickly
- Pack Expo International - The World's Largest Processing and Packaging Event: November 6-9, 2016
- Multiple Discharge Bucket Elevator built for Packaging Chocolates
- New Members of the Contract Packaging Association
- Prepping New Sales Literature
- Making Plans to Attend PACK EXPO 2016?
- Video Shows Easy Bucket Removal for General Maintenance
- New Bucket Elevator System Gets Customer Approval
- The product that started it all....WHIZPACKER
- Pack Expo